Sunday 7 November 2010

BirdsEye - 100challenge

A few weeks ago I was invited by Birds Eye to spend the day with them and Amanda Ursell who is a nutrition columnist for The Times. The idea was that I would take 5 items from my kitchen that I always have in (guess they weren't thinking wine ;-) and challenge Amanda to cook a quick, healthy meal.  Chef Paul from Birdseye was also on hand to answer any questions and I thought that I could get some starter cooking tips from him as you all know just how terrible my cooking is!!!!

I would have loved to have gone as I'm sure that they would have whipped up something amazing but unfortunately I was unable to make it at the last minute due to work commitments.  Click here to see what a fabulous time they had without me!!! Sally from 'Who's the Mummy' was also invited and she wrote a post with the tops tips that she learnt from the day!

Birds Eye have set up something called the 100challenge, where they have recruited a 100 families to take part in weekly challenges focussing on healthy eating family time and living life to the full. The website at http://www.100challenge.co.uk/ is a really good tool and you can follow how the families are getting on, read their blog posts, get lots of fab recipe ideas and enter their weekly competitions.

For more information follow check out the website or follow them on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment