Wednesday 9 March 2011

HP Virtual Focus Group - Part 1 The Set Up

What seems like ages ago now, I was asked if I would like to take part in a virtual focus group for HP. It involves them sending me two printers and testing them out. I get to say what I like and dislike about each one after each week’s challenge. 

Now in typical Emma style I’m late in getting started.....partially because I was late receiving them but also because I’ve been having far too much fun living life. It may have also had something to do with the fact that I’m technophobic and was worried about putting them together!!! Something that I should have thought about before offering to take part is exactly where I would store two printers in my teeny house......    The first thing that I will say about both is that there is a lot of packaging! Each little bit is taped down and comes in separate bags as well as in huge boxes.

I started with the HP Photostart Premium: 


It is very stylish and sleek and looks lovely. It has touch screen technology and was fairly easy to set up although it did take about 45 minutes. I struggled with fitting the ink into the spaces but I think that’s just because it was the first time and I needed to figure it all out.

Next up was the Kodak All-in-One Printer:



I'm not quite as keen on the appearance of this one as it looks quite clunky next to the HP. The screen is really easy to use and navigate. This took about an hour to set up although most of that time was just waiting for it to configure. What I really liked about this was that it only had two ink cartridges that were very simple to fit and I think they will be cheaper in the long run.

Both printers scan and copy as well as print and are set up to use wireless but there is a slight problem in that I don’t have it! Neither printer comes with a USB lead which I was very disappointed with and had I gone out and bought either one would be really quite cross that it wasn’t included and didn’t state that clearly on the box. As it stands at the moment they are all set up and ready to go and I’m waiting for the two USB leads to arrive so that I can actually start printing!!!

 Watch out for the printer challenges over the 4 or 5 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment