Sunday 17 October 2010

Silver Spoon Cakecraft - Scary Halloween Cupcakes

The lovely people from Silver Spoon sent me these to review and use for decorating some scary Halloween cupcakes:


I mentioned a few weeks ago over on Adventures of an English Mum that I am trying to cook and bake with Chick so this lot came in very handy. The cupcakes were a pretty straightforward recipe that you can find here along with some fabulous ideas for decorations. The decorating was absolutely the most fun!!! We made some lovely coloured icing:


The black was my favourite and I'm very tempted to make a huge black spider cake just because I can!!! Obviously mine aren't quite as good as the beautifully prepared ones over at Silver Spoon and I won't be giving up the day job any time soon but ours worked out pretty well:


We made a devil and a monster:


Also a gravestone:


The one that I was most impressed with was this Spider web:


At this point Chick went off to eat them all and I was left with this:


Was a brilliant way to spend an afternoon with the kids though! 

The Silver Spoon range is available from the baking aisles at Morrisons, Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda. Prices start from 52p for the food colouring. Check out the Silver Spoon website for more details on the range of goodies and some yummy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment